Playing Ball Since 1993
Started in 1993 known as the NABA So Cal we have evolved into what is now known as the SCABL. Currently planning your 2024 Baseball Season and our 31st Year Anniversary. The SCABL is all Wood Bat currently offering various levels of play; Recreational (A), High School (AA) and Experienced (AAA.) Minimum age is 18 with players upwards of 70 years old still playing. Players under 17 must have a signed waiver by a parent or guardian.
Each year we try to separate divisions into age groups, unfortunately players of all ages like playing with a mixed age groups. We will try once again for a 30&Over Division while grandfathering in players under 30.
In the SCABL you have choices; you can be a Player/Manager, a Manager or just join a team through Tryouts or the Player-Pool. Joining through Tryouts is almost a guarantee of being placed on a team or the creation of a New Team. If you have a few friends or you just want to manage a team draft additional players as needed to form your team. Those of you who already have a team you can fill holes through the tryout.
Your Typical Season:
- Spring/Summer and Fall Seasons
- Age Groups, Divisions and Levels of Play:
As always our goal is to offer a competitive level for all age groups and ability.
Age Groups: 18, 25, 35 and 45 & Over age levels. Depends on a minimum of players for that division.
Level of Play: Rookie, A, AA, AAA
A minimum of 4 teams is needed to make a new division.
- Wood Bats Only: Ash, Bamboo, Beech, Birch, Maple or wood composite bats are accepted.
- SCABL Plays from East Los Angeles to Rancho Cucamonga and in between:
- Your Spring Summer Season will consist of a 16-18 game season including Playoffs and Championship Games. (14 games guaranteed, in case of rain or other acts of God or your personal schedule that prohibits being able to play more games.) Your Season will begin the first Sunday in March.
- Your Fall Season consists of 8-10 games that include Playoffs and Championship. Fall Season will begin September 10th.
- Included in your league fee are the usual bells and whistles; Team Website, Liability Insurance, Game Baseballs, Line-up Cards, Score Book, Reserved Fields...
- You will have 3 Fees for the season:
League Fee - Team Fee (for cap and jersey) and Umpire Fee which is typically paid each week. Some teams may collect all umpire fees and additional team fees upfront.
- Umpires: Each game will have 2 umpires scheduled unless otherwise stated.
- All-Star/Appreciation Game: Each team will vote for who goes to the game. On the day of the game we also hold a Home-Run Derby where all players of the League can participate. (for the Spring/Summer season only)
We may host other Special Games throughout the year.
- Games are Played Sunday's only. We do our best to schedule your games within a 45 minute drive based on where the manager's home base is.
- Teams and Players
You are invited to:
Bring Your Team Into The League, Start Your Own Team or Join a Team Through Tryouts. Tryouts are every January and August for the upcoming season. Watch the website, Facebook for announcements.
Manager/Informational Meeting: Usually mid January or at the Tryouts.
If you are planning a team with us please send us an e-mail. Once your players begin to register or you turn in a Team Deposit we will create your Team Website. Your team website has the ability for you to; communicate to each player with updates and reminders, Live Scoring as well as use the league bulletin board and picture sharing and much more. Communication made simple!
We look forward to providing you a home to play the game you love, Baseball! For more information please e-mail the league office.
Southern California Adult Baseball League
Playing Baseball Since 1993